Thursday, October 16, 2014

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you , your heavenly Father will also forgive you."   Matthew 6:14

There was a trembling in her voice.  "I'm all right" she said. " I know I said some angry words but I was so upset I wasn't thinking. She said she forgave me but I didn't realize she was going to have a heart attack. I feel so guilty. She forgave me but I still feel responsible, why can't I forgive myself?"

The trembling told me her emotions were in overload I have listened to many people who try to get answers when they can't  think clearly. When they are emotional upset. It's not a time to think but instead reflect on the truth of scripture and trust God .  Believe what is said in scripture. Knowing God  forgives allows us to be at peace. Let your emotions get balanced and your ability to think return. Then you will realize you are not responsible for what happens to others(the heart attack). You are putting guilt on yourself , let go and accept the situation for what it is ;she had a heart attack due to her heart condition, you happen to be there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment